James Cooney Funeral Directors was established in 1920 by Richard Cooney. In 1921 Richard's Brother John took over the running of the business, in 1967 John's son Jim followed in his father's footsteps, in 2002 Jim's daughter Joanne became the next generation of Cooney's to run this now well established business with the help and guidance of her mother Frances.
Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there is a trail of beautiful memories.
- Preparation of the Deceased by a Fully Qualified Embalmer
- Funeral Home
- All types of flower arrangements
- Purchasing of new graves
- Opening of grave
- Condolence books and Mass Card Holders
- Black Ties
- Signed Mass Cards
- Organising of the Church service, readings etc.
- Limousine Hire upon request
- Paying the Clergy and other related gratuities
- Grave markers
- Dressing of graves
- Habits (White & Blue)
- Death Announcements in all National, International and Local Newspapers
- Radio announcements
- Internet announcements
- Assistance with choosing suitable music from traditional hymns to more contemporary hynms
- Information on Death certificates, Death grants and Credit Union grants
- Sample memoriam cards
- Headstones and Inscriptions
- Outgoing/ Incoming Overseas repatraitions